Head of Demand, US
Get to know AAX
AAX, which stands for Acceptable Ads Exchange, is a leading ad blocking monetization platform in the market. AAX is working with premium publishers to revitalize the ad ecosystem by establishing a sustainable balance between publisher monetization and user experience. This won’t just reward all three participants in the value exchange—users, publishers, and advertisers—but will also strengthen the free web.
By heading the vanguard of the Acceptable Ads marketplace, AAX signals its commitment to building a bridge between the needs of publishers and the wishes of users.
Where you fit in:
We’re committed to making AAX a game-changer, so we’re looking for someone who wants to change the rules of the game.
As the Head of Demand (US)—this role can be based in either San Francisco or New York City—you’ll be finding and establishing partnerships with new clients interested in joining the Acceptable Ads Initiative. You’ll also be engaging with the larger ad tech world, conversing with key players and encouraging enthusiasm about joining AAX in building a free web through implementing non-intrusive, respectful ad standards. You’ll also be explaining the finer points of our value proposition, and how our innovative product helps partners meaningfully increase their revenue.
After your morning coffee, you’ll be
- building and growing relationships with demand advertising partners.
- selling to (and developing relationships with) ad agency digital media buyers.
- developing and executing the AAX sales strategy for the demand side of the business, together with the global AAX team.
- identifying and prioritizing business leads and opportunities.
- building strategic partnerships
- creating sales presentations based on internal numbers, ad tech market trends, and industry knowledge.
- contributing to the overall AAX communications and branding strategy.
- representing AAX at relevant industry events.
Our vision of a successful Head of Demand? Someone who has
- experience in advertising sales.
- direct experience working at/with DSPs and agency buyers.
- established a network of contacts in the media buying industry and/or ad tech.
- five- to ten years of experience in a business development role, account manager role, or similar.
- five- to ten years of relevant online advertising experience.
- experience promoting technology products in a business or partnership development role.
- cross-functional communication skills with technical, legal, and marketing stakeholders.
- comfort and enthusiasm performing in a dynamic environment and setting their own targets.
- the availability to travel (up to 25%) both domestically and internationally.
Some of the benefits associated with this role are
- a competitive salary and an annual commission/bonus plan.
- ten days of vacation time, plus five days of sick leave.
- flexibility in work hours and schedule.
- a yearly stipend for personal development courses.