Business Intelligence Reporting Analyst
Get to know AAX
AAX, which stands for Acceptable Ads Exchange, is a leading ad blocking monetization platform. AAX is working with premium publishers to revitalize the ad ecosystem by establishing a sustainable balance between publisher monetization and user experience. This won’t just reward all three participants in the value exchange—users, publishers, and advertisers—but will also strengthen the free web.
By heading the vanguard of the Acceptable Ads marketplace, AAX signals its commitment to building a bridge between the needs of publishers and the wishes of users.
Where you fit in:
We’re committed to making AAX a game-changer, so we’re looking for someone who wants to change the rules of the game.
As AAX’s Berlin-based Business Intelligence Reporting Analyst, you’ll be helping us make the most out of our data as well as guiding our understanding of how to make better, data-supported business decisions. You’ll also be engaging and collaborating with the AAX team across multiple functional units and conferring with your colleagues and other stakeholders to gather requirements and analyze information. In addition, you’ll be responsible for heading the mission of measuring the impact of business strategies in order to support tactical operations.
After your morning coffee, you’ll be
- working with the management team and preparing reports for all business requirements.
- assisting with the design and creation of data structures to produce actionable reports and facilitate decision making.
- analyzing business processes and developing ways to reduce the cost of operation and increase efficiency.
- developing and maintaining various business process documents.
- assisting in the design, architecture, and implementation of data sources.
- evaluating trend data, developing metric reports, and recommending improvements as required.
- interacting with internal and occasionally external stakeholders in order to understand business and data requirements
- iteratively designing report prototypes and templates.
- working with the team to identify (and subsequently build) the best means of displaying data.
- managing and/or coordinating 3rd party resources in the development of reporting and business insights solutions.
- developing your understanding of ad tech terminology to include relevant quality measures and metrics in reports, dashboards and data structures.
Our vision of a successful Business and Reporting Analyst? Someone who has
- two- to four years of experience in a similar role, ideally in a digital tech company.
- a university degree, preferably in information management, computer science, economics, business administration, or a related field.
- fluency in English (command of a second language a plus).
- direct experience working with stakeholders at all levels, across multiple functions.
- excellent analytical skills.
- the ability to work both on a team and independently.
- cross-functional communication skills with technical, legal, and marketing stakeholders.
- comfort/experience working with a distributed team.
- direct experience designing, developing, and implementing reporting solutions.
- excellent verbal, written, and organizational skills.
- the ability to proactively research solutions and best practices.
- comfort and enthusiasm performing in a dynamic environment.
- the ability to debug and solve problems.
- availability to travel (up to 10%) both domestically and internationally.
- direct experience using Salesforce.com reports and reports visualization (dashboards) is highly preferred.
Some of the benefits associated with this role are
- a competitive salary and an annual bonus plan.
- generous vacation time.
- flexibility in work hours and schedule.
- a yearly stipend for personal development courses.